It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $2T+ market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty — much like there was during the rise of the internet, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy mainstream investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride, in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposures can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. We manage over $1.5B and are growing quickly, with the largest crypto index fund in the world (ticker: BITW), the first DeFi index fund, a suite of single-asset funds, and a lot more coming. We focus on serving investment professionals — financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others — the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Bitwise is currently a closely-knit team of over 40 professionals. Think of us as a mix between an asset manager and a start-up. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including Facebook, Wealthfront, BlackRock, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, and ETF.com. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join the team and take on critical responsibilities to help Bitwise scale and our clients succeed. You will play a central role in helping us build a world-class research team at Bitwise, providing broad and deep coverage of the cryptoasset market and helping communicate the risks, opportunities, and developments in that space to our audience of professional investors.
In this position you will lead our efforts on participating in the governance of the protocols our funds are invested in and on developing an active role for Bitwise in those ecosystems. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some life-long relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- You’ll represent Bitwise in the governance activities of some of the most exciting crypto projects. By deeply caring for and understanding these projects you’ll steward and exercise good governance to help move them forward.
- You’ll interact constantly with many different stakeholders of top crypto projects. From founders and top contributors to leading investors and other community members, you’ll be our eyes and ears in the discussions that push crypto projects forward.
- You’ll partner with other research specialists to contribute to the company’s knowledge about the protocols we are invested in. You will be the go-to resource for all Bitwise employees and clients who have questions around governance.
- You’ll assist with other activities of the research team. You will wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of a growing organization.
Who You Are
- You are fascinated with crypto, excited about its potential, and aware of its risks. On top of that, you’re passionate about improving crypto projects through governance activities.
- You are detail-oriented, accurate, and have a knack for data. You have a taste for data visualization and can create compelling Powerpoint or Keynote presentations.
- You are a great communicator, in writing and conversation, and a clear thinker. You can convey complex narratives and details with clarity and coherence in a way that is not just accurate but that can be understood by a general audience.
- Your style is like ours: High-energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious, and open-minded. You're inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and are always looking to improve.
- You have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be dynamic in a rapidly evolving company and space. You’re excited about being part of a small and nimble startup and team.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
If what we’re doing excites you, and the role looks like a fit, we’d love to hear from you and explore you joining as an early member of the Bitwise team.
Bitwise is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Bitwise to ensure equal opportunity, and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.