As our Backend Developer, you will be designing, developing, and deploying software solutions that power various products at stake.fish. In this role, you will work closely with a group of talented product managers, UX designers, and other engineers to build the next generation of staking products. Your work will help with securing a wide range of blockchain networks and contribute to the bedrock of decentralization.
What will you do?
- Build new services that meet critical product and business needs using TypeScript and node
- Develop smart contracts and services that interact with the smart contracts
- Build data ETL pipelines using Python
- Create scalable systems to solve different problems using modern cloud technology and industry best practices
- Create server code that is extensible, well-tested, and secure
- Leverage automated testing, CI/CD, container orchestration, and other modern development techniques
- Design database schema that is performant, scalable, and maintainable
- Proactively make suggestions and challenge the status quo for improving our products and internal processes
What excites us about you?
- You have extensive experience in software engineering
- You have a track record of designing, creating, and maintaining production services
- You are passionate about blockchain technology and a decentralized future, and you are familiar with the technologies behind blockchains.
- Familiar with Typescript and node; have past experience with at least one of Python/C++/Java/Go/Rust.
- Familiar with cloud services (such as AWS)
- Familiar with Docker
- Able to work independently and set up an efficient development environment
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
What will be great to have?
- You are contributing to the open-source community
- You have working experience in a startup environment
- You have built financial, high reliability, or security systems
- You have experience with smart contracts / solidity (this is a plus but not required, and we will be happy to bring you up to speed on the job)
- You are willing to spend a part of your time working from our Silicon Valley office and the rest of your time working remotely.
Why are we awesome you ask?
We are truly at the forefront of the crypto ecosystem as maintainers of the infrastructure layer of blockchain networks! We practice the crypto team mentality by assembling a truly global and diverse team (with even pseudo anonymous team members). We collectively represent more than 12 different countries and are united in a single mission: building out the future of decentralization. Crypto is here to stay, having introduced novel ideas such as DeFi, NFTs and DAOs. At the core of all this are teams like us working relentlessly to build the necessary tools and applications that help run and secure blockchains. Here are some other reasons why you should join us,
- We are one of the top staking service providers with over $3B of assets staked across our validators. E.g. Our staking market share for Cosmos rivals that of Binance and Coinbase.
- Curious about how protocols like Solana and Cosmos have exploded into the juggernauts they are today? We have front row seats to observe and learn how protocols evolve, going from idea to adoption. You will get opportunities to learn about and work very closely with a wide range of blockchain networks.
- We are crypto nerds at heart. Some people are power DeFi users and some others are intense NFT collectors. You can learn and debate everything on crypto with our teammates.
- We have some people who have been around this space for ages. They’ll casually drop a few interesting history lessons along the way. Did you know Bitcoin was actually double spent at one point in time?
- We are a very well capitalized and already profitable startup.
We are looking for fun, curious, and committed individuals to swim with us!