We are looking for an experienced engineer to build ingestion systems for disperse governance data. As a governance focused software engineer, your role will be to interact with on-chain protocols like Compound, integrate with off-chain protocols like Snapshot and be creative in the ways we interact with other web2/web3 companies and protocols to build a cohesive picture inside the decentralized governance world.
This role will be responsible for expanding our data ingestion across the Ethereum ecosystem and adding to our fleet of micro-services. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform.
What You'll Do
- You will be developing systems and APIs (RESTful + GraphQL) that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of both users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for team members that can pivot and adapt to the evolving ecosystem.
- We’re constantly growing and expanding the Governance product suite; you will be able to evaluate and execute on new back-end systems to enable the expansion of our data coverage.
Who you are
- 2+ years experience with modern technologies including GraphQL, NodeJS, Java, and TypeScript
- a desire to work on big complex projects with lots of creative freedom
- a passion for shipping high-quality products
- an interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users navigate the web3 world
- empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
Projects you could work on
- The OpenZepplin Governor Integration Project will expand our on-chain governance coverage and involve interacting with on-chain smart contracts
- The Voting Metrics Project will explore the creation of new level 2 data around voting, delegation, etc. to provide a better visualization of the voting landscape
- The Treasury Exploration Project will involve constructing a view into what DAO treasuries look like. Providing visibility into holdings, signers, txns and more is becoming increasingly important in the space
What’s it like to work with our engineering team?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with