Total Compensation Value:
$120k - $300k (Salary + equity)
NOTE: Actual offer will vary based on applicant location/cost of living, skillsets, and level of relevant experience
About the company:
Time zones: GMT 9am - 5pm
Silent Protocol architects and boosts the growth of the next phase of complaint zero-knowledge privacy across web3. You will get to work, learn and grow with an experienced team supported by incredible partnerships and committed investments from developers, and thought leaders deeply passionate about the decentralization ecosystem.
We are backed by +15 web3 angles and +20 web3 leading VCs.
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptional full-stack engineer to join our team and work closely with our CTO and other developers to build zero-knowledge infrastructure and products to ensure our rapid growth and continued innovation in this exciting space!
This role will also have the opportunity to work on confidential/special projects and continue innovating in this exciting space!
Experience with blockchain, zksnarks, solidity, and Web3 is required.
What to expect
- Make a HUGE impact by helping to bring ideas to reality as a core member of a lean, passionate, and friendly team
- Take ownership of the product and take charge of your department
- Architecture and design of distributed protocols with an emphasis on security, performance, and scalability
- Write, deploy, and test smart contracts and maintain them in production
- Develop and own best practices for protocol upgrades and versioning across different networks
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and design on the user-facing applications built around our smart contract protocols
- Mentor other engineers in in-depth Solidity/EVM topics and best practices
- Stay up to date with the latest Solidity releases, developer tooling, and exploits
- Work with the latest Zero Knowledge toolings and work in the advancement of the zk field
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in software development
- 2+ years of smart contract development including production deployments of original, non-trivial protocols and related security audits
- Passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products
- Extensive experience with Git & Github
- Extreme proficiency with Solidity and the EVM
- Experience designing distributed protocols
- Experience designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining high-traffic smart contracts
- Experience building and managing a protocol with significant TVL is a plus
- Ability to balance shipping quickly with building a stable infrastructure
- With a hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- Strong knowledge of Node.js
- Good understanding of the HTTP stack
- Experience designing, building, extending, and implementing APIs
- Familiarity with cloud services, job queues, message brokers, container technologies, and microservice architectures
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Someone who advocates for and understands how to incrementally refactor code to continually improve a codebase while ensuring that the systems are designed to scale.
- Strong coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Strong technical and non-technical communication abilities, both verbal and written
Bonus points for
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Maths, or another related technical field.
- Experience implementing complex math in Solidity
- Experience with React, Redux, and other frontend technologies
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Experience using CI/CD | Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment systems
- Previous experience in a highly scaled, major tech company
- Experience working with and building structures to extract, transform, and load blockchain transaction data
- Experience with writing ETL processes
- A deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine
What we're offering
- Competitive salary (+ equity) in an exciting space driving disruptive innovation
- The opportunity to accelerate our growing organization
- A remote work environment with competitive benefits and holidays
- Crypto native colleagues that want to change the world!
- 7 additional company holidays, including an all-company week-long winter break
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for US-based employees
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- We arrange social activities to help our employees become familiar with each other and our culture
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Once you've applied, please be patient :)
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that people of color, women, and nonbinary are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Silent we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.